Talking About Yourself - IndianTechnoEra
Latest update Android YouTube

Talking About Yourself

Learn how to introduce yourself and talk simply about your name, age, school, family and things you like in English.

Talking About Yourself

We often need to tell other people a little about ourselves. We can talk about our name, age, school, family and things we like.

At first, we can use short and simple sentences to introduce ourselves.

Learning Objectives

  • Say your name in English.
  • Talk about your age.
  • Talk about your school and family.
  • Say simple things about yourself.

Introducing Yourself

A simple introduction can begin with your name.

Hello. My name is Riya.

I am six years old.

You can change the name and age to match your own information.

Talking About Your School and Family

You can also say simple sentences about your school and family.

I go to school.

I have a brother.

I live with my family.

Talking About Things You Like

We can use simple sentences to tell others about things we like.

I like mangoes.

I like drawing.

I like playing.

Common Mistakes

  • Speak slowly and clearly.
  • Use simple sentences that you understand.
  • Do not worry about making small mistakes while learning.
  • Listen when another person introduces themselves.

Practice

1. What is your name?

2. How old are you?

3. What is the name of your school?

4. What is one thing you like?

Try It Yourself

Stand in front of a family member or teacher and introduce yourself using three or four simple English sentences.

Quick Revision

  • We can introduce ourselves using simple sentences.
  • We can talk about our name and age.
  • We can talk about our family and school.
  • We can tell others about things we like.

Next Step

Now that you can talk about yourself, the next lesson will focus on asking simple questions.

Post a Comment

Feel free to ask your query...
Cookie Consent
We serve cookies on this site to analyze traffic, remember your preferences, and optimize your experience.
Oops!
It seems there is something wrong with your internet connection. Please connect to the internet and start browsing again.
AdBlock Detected!
We have detected that you are using adblocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we earn by the advertisements is used to manage this website, we request you to whitelist our website in your adblocking plugin.
Site is Blocked
Sorry! This site is not available in your country.